What is YDisciple Video
YDisciple is a high school youth program (or tool) designed by the Augustine Institute out of Denver, Colorado. It is designed to meet five fundamental needs of teens:
1. The need to be understood
2. The need to belong
3. The need to be transparent
4. The need to engage in critical thinking around faith and life
5. The need for guidance
YDisciple meets these needs by:
1. Creating an environment consisting of a small group of teenagers (5-8 teenagers), led by caring adult mentors, who trust one another and who meet regularly in host homes (or in a home-like environment). Groups are divided by age (or grade) and by gender (male and female).
2. Using thought-provoking videos and well-crafted discussion questions to engage the teens.
3. Empowering parents to take initiative in meeting the needs of their teenagers.
Parents welcome everyone, provide snacks, and socialize for 15–20 minutes before allowing the group to have privacy for their meeting in the home or other meeting place.
The conventional youth ministry approach is much different.
A sample session includes:
1. Engaging videos addressing real-life concerns
2. Discussion Questions
3. Session Activities
4. Parent resources